Thursday, June 24, 2010

Illustration Friday: "Paisley"

I did something a little different this week from my usual cartoonish style. Since the topic for IF this week was "paisley," I did something a bit more design-oriented and did a butterfly in Adobe Illustrator with paisley designs in its wings. I wanted to make it a bit tattoo-like. I also got a little inspiration from this tutorial I happened to find when looking up paisley design references. It also helped me brush up a bit on my Illustrator skills.

I honestly had no idea what a "paisley" was until I looked it up. Well, you learn something new every day. : )

See you all next week!

1 comment:

  1. It turned out beautifully! I thought of going digital with my "paisley" design as well, but I don't have the chops for it yet, so I used ink. I really like the symmetry you achieved, and illustrator is perfect for this type of design. It is a world I haven't played with, and it sure is a treat to see your work. Thanks for sharing the tutorial. I wish I could have used it as well. This is a lesson for me... make time, because the resources are out there!
    Thanks for your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete