Thursday, April 29, 2010

Illustration Friday: "Ahead"


Well, it's been a pretty tough month for me. My family and I had to make a very difficult decision regarding our cat, Mr. Kitty. He was sick with diabetes (and some other issue which the vet could never figure out). We had been managing his diabetes for over a year with daily shots of insulin twice a day. He was doing very well for over a year, but then got very sick starting a couple months ago. Long story short, he was suffering a lot and there was very little we could do for him anymore. On April 9th, we put him to sleep. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

So, I did an illustration of him to commemorate his memory, since he has gone "ahead." I miss him so much and will never, ever forget him.

Done in colored pencil and edited a little in Photoshop. I hope this counts for the topic this week. Hope everyone has a nice weekend. If you have any pets, give them a hug for me. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment